Tech-friendly Junior Legal Counsel
Proxyclick is an international SaaS scale-up delivering transforming the way people are welcomed to offices and production sites around the world. Over 20 million people at thousands of companies (including Airbnb, Audi, Dimension Data, L’Oréal, and Pepsico) use our applications across the globe.
Proxyclick is looking for a Junior Legal Counsel with a strong interest in technology who is keen to gain experience in different areas of law and to discover the fast-paced startup world.
A solid legal and technical compliance process is critical company success. This position is for someone committed to working with internal and external stakeholders to protect the company and serve its customers.
This position reports into the Head of Legal.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review various agreements (e.g. SaaS agreement, data protection agreement, management agreement, services agreement, non-disclosure agreement)
- Participate actively in negotiation calls with US and EU-based Fortune 1000 clients’ legal counsel
- Work closely with the sales team to help Proxyclick close new business, while safeguarding the company's interests
- Assist on compliance projects (e.g. GDPR)
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications, on an ad hoc basis, to everyone in the organization (e.g. IP matters, corporate matters, partnerships)
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
- Stay current on industry legislation and regulatory changes
- Work with IT to build a knowledge base of recurring questions and answers in security questionnaires
- 0–2 years of experience
- Fluent written and verbal English (regular US conference calls) – any other language is a plus
- Master of Laws degree (Belgian or non-Belgian) – in IP/ICT/data protection is a plus
- Proactive and detail-oriented
- Entrepreneurial and business-minded
- Excellent communication skills
- International culture of fun and highly motivated people
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- Learning and development inside the SaaS with opportunity for growth
- Autonomy, with the ability to work remotely when needed
- Annual team event abroad (check our 3 last trips in Barcelona, Lisbon, and Athens in our YouTube channel)
- Friday lunch delivered to the office
- Fresh fruit and in-house yoga sessions!